Prevent Equipment Failure and Costly Downtime
Conducting regular infrared surveys of your installations allows you to focus maintenance efforts where they are needed most, reducing the potential for unexpected equipment failure, accidents, and costly downtime.
Thermal Imaging allows us to locate loose or deteriorated connections, load imbalances, faulty components, overheating switch gear, overheating motors & motor bearings, winding faults, poor cabling and much more.
Switchboard thermal imaging is increasingly being requested by insurance providers in NZ. Our technicians are fully ITC certified and provide detailed written reports to suit these requirements. We use state of the art FLIR® cameras and complement our measurements with the appropriate peripheral equipment, ensuring the precision of our findings.
We believe electrical safety is a key aspect of a modern company and a positive asset for higher performance. It minimizes maintenance costs, unplanned downtime, and lost productivity.
We provide our customers with effective surveying, clear reporting, accurate analysis, and education so that you can have a safe and productive workspace. We value our customers and their right to a friendly, reliable, and efficient service.
With thousands of switchboard inspections undertaken we are the ideal choice for your next survey.
Get in touch now to see what we can do for you.
Many insurers are now asking for Thermal Imaging inspections as evidence of their commercial and industrial clients’ preventive maintenance programs. Whether it is a standalone survey or part of a ‘Visual Inspection and Limited Testing’ for a ‘Certificate of Periodic Verification’ under the AS NZS 3019:2007 Standard, we can help you keep your workplace safe and your insurer happy.
Electrical equipment is made up of a range of complex components. As these components start to age their performance may start to deteriorate and, consequently, may display elevated temperatures. If left unchecked, these faults may eventually lead to system failure.
Key benefits of Thermal Imaging of electrical equipment include:
- Preventing electrical failures before they happen.
- It is cheaper to repair equipment rather than replace after failure.
- More efficient energy use leads to lower operating costs.
- No costly unexpected downtime to your business.
- No business disruption during survey.
- Reduced risk leads to a happier Insurance Provider and can lead to lower premiums.
- A safer Work Environment puts people first.
Utilising state of-the-art thermal imaging equipment you can determine whether temperatures of electrical components are:
- At dangerous levels
Not only is Thermal Imaging an effective method for detecting potential issues, it also serves to minimise the risk for potential accidents. Ultimately, an electrical thermographic survey is all about bringing peace of mind to those responsible for the health and safety of your organisation.
Our procedures follow an efficient structure which includes:
- Prior to inspection, a detailed plan of the survey will be prepared including all areas and equipment to be inspected. If possible, a clear map of the facilities will be drafted for client confirmation.
- During inspection, our Thermographers will access and evaluate all equipment for safety before removing any covers. This includes visual inspection and ultrasonic scanning.
- Once all equipment is within line of sight, our Thermographers will procure images of all equipment components, paying special attention to any areas of interest.
- After all equipment has been imaged, our Thermographers will re-install all covers and leave a clean working site before moving onto the next inspection area.
- Upon completion of the survey, a brief verbal report will be presented to the site contact, outlining any urgent actions required (if any).
- Our Thermographers will then download and analyze all images closely and create a detailed report with all findings, including clear fault classification using internationally recognized Standards.
- NZ Themrography Ltd will create a client profile for the purposes of offering equipment comparison on all future surveys - in time this will allow us to present you with a performance history of your installations.
// Make your workplace or property safer today with a Thermal Imaging survey